Who We Are
Assault Center & Children’s Advocacy Center
(GSAC-CAC) is nationally
recognized for its exceptional delivery of comprehensive services to victims and families impacted by crimes of sexual assault and child sexual/ physical abuse. Services provided are developmentally appropriate and specialized to meet the distinctive needs of each individual impacted by crimes of sexual violence. There is no charge to victims that receive direct-services from GSAC-CAC. Programs and services provided include:
- 24-hour crisis line/support line for allied professionals
- 24-hour crisis intervention support
- 24/7 – forensic-medical evidentiary exam and GBI-SAEK evidence collection
- Victim Advocacy; Medical Advocacy; Family Advocacy
- Victim Assistance Attorneys, legal assistance, and legal advocacy
- 24/7 – Forensic Interviews (child and adolescent)
- Therapeutic Support Groups (licensed counselor facilitation)
- Community awareness and education
- Professional training for schools, law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, medical and mental health professionals.
- College campus presentations
- Consultation for schools, media, government agencies, publications and educational films.
- Georgia Adolescent & Adult Sexual Assault Examiner (SAE)/ Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Trainings provided statewide; Georgia Pediatric-Advanced SAE/ SANE Training Programs.
Are you a licensed,
registered nurse interested in forensic nursing? – Click
Special Thanks to Our Partners, Grantors, Supporters and Sponsors...
- Salon Greco European Day Spa
- GSAC-CAC Board of Directors
- The Harold and Kayrita Anderson Family Foundation
League of Atlanta
- Variety Club of Georgia
- Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council:
Administrator Victims of Crime Act Federal Funds/ Violence Against Women Act Federal Funds
- Governor’s Office of Children and Families
- United States Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women
- State of Georgia Department of Human Services: Family Violence Division
- OFarrell Group Web Development
- Children’s Advocacy Centers of Georgia
- Community Foundation of NE Georgia
- Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
- City of Duluth
- Microsoft Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Women’s Club of Sugarloaf Country Club
- Jackson EMC
- Juliet Asher, M.D.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Gwinnett Hospital System